Uploaded image for project: 'DSpace'
  1. DSpace
  2. DS-2144

index-init generes wrong index

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Minor
    • Resolution: Answered
    • Affects Version/s: 3.3
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: DSpace API, Solr
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Windows 2008 r2 server std, en. CP1251 locale, postgresql 9.2, oracle java 6 or 7
    • Attachments:
      2
    • Comments:
      5
    • Documentation Status:
      Not Required

      Description

      Hi. I update few installations of dspace 1.8.3 to dspace 3.3. I have no problems here http://elar.usfeu.ru, but have a serious problem in http://elar.urfu.ru. I do not use discovery yet.

      After update of version i make a command "dspace index-init" and I get a new index without a problems, I can make dspace index update after it and this command will be ok too. But if I change some fields in records, or make dspace filter-media, I will get an error when make "index-update" next time.

      Dspace craches with an error of format of file /dspace/search/_***.fnm

      I try to read this files, bit it is in wrong locale in this system. It seems to be an ANSI file with unicode header. In my other systems this files are in ANSI and i can read it.

      I have this options in my tomcat:

      -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8
      -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8
      -Duser.language=ru
      -Duser.country=RU
      -Duser.variant=RU

      And this options in my dspace.bat

      if "%JAVA_OPTS%"=="" set JAVA_OPTS=-Xmx768m

      REM Execute Java
      java %JAVA_OPTS% -Duser.language=ru -Duser.country=RU -Duser.variant=RU -Dfile.encoding=UTF-8 -Dsun.jnu.encoding=UTF-8 -classpath "%DSPACE_CLASSPATH%" org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher %*

      I try different versions of java, but i have working system with tomcat7.55/java7/pgsql9.2/windows 2008 r2 !!Unable to render embedded object: File (RUSSIAN) not found.!! and buggy system with tomcat7.55/java7/pgsql9.2/windows 2008 r2 !!Unable to render embedded object: File (ENGLISH) not found.!!

      I think there is some coepage/encoding/xharset problem, but db codepage, java codepage and OS/USER codepage are same.

      There is a screenshot of error and another index file. _1j9.fnm was unavaliable

        Attachments

        1. _j3.fnm
          0.3 kB
        2. 1.png
          1.png
          41 kB

          Activity

            People

            Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            ideafix Alex
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: