This issue lists considerations that need to be taken account if we decide to upgrade Solr for DSpace 6 (or later).
In case of upgrade from 4.10.2 to 4.10.4; bug fixes and changes:
- Solr as a standalone server
- core autodiscovery in solr.xml is mandatory
- check for any deprecated methods in SolrJ
- index format and upgrading:
amend "ant update_solr_indexes": if index version is 3.5.0 download solr 4.10.x jar and upgrade to index format 4 which Solr 5 understands
- major faceting performance regressions, yet unfixed as of 5.3: