I have a 5_x-based test repository, I have loaded a database backup to a Vagrant-based workspace, and have attempted to upgrade to 6.0. The upgrade failed during the bitstream format registry load step. Focusing in on this, I have attempted to re-run the registry-loader command line script. I observe these errors in the dspace.log file:
In googling the error messages, I have found this stackoverflow page:
which leads me to believe there may be a subtle error either in the refactoring of the classes responsible for loading the bitstream format registry, or in the XML of the document. I used Oxygen XML Editor to write a quick Schema for the bitsream format registry document, however, it is not obviously invalid. Which leads me to believe there is an error somewhere round about here: https://github.com/DSpace/DSpace/blob/master/dspace-api/src/main/java/org/dspace/administer/RegistryLoader.java#L183
Anyway, I thought I'd at least log this bug, since I have sunk a bit of time into researching it.