DSpace support almost all the type of format for upload but we are not able to view the video(it's download) that is uploaded on repository, for that there is improvement required to play a video into DSpace, for that we have made some customization into source code into JSPUI. to achieve this, we have done following things for playing video that will help to other dspace community members or may be into upcoming version of dspace.
Steps to integrate:
- We have created/defined a Bitstream Format Registry for video (.mp4 or .flv) so we have added this first.
- We have integrate 3rd party software to play the video (that we have upload on website).
- We have customize the code of ItemTag.java (Item page)
Into that ItemTag.java file we find out the mimeType of each bitstream, and based on that mimeType we have apply the condition to check for the video format,
If mimeType is mp4 or flv then it will redirect to 3rd party player page and play the video else download file.
we have attached two screen sort for this customization,
1. attachment for Bitstream Format Registry for video
2. source code changes on ItemTag.java page (/dspace-6.0-src-release/dspace-jspui/src/main/java/org/dspace/app/webui/jsptag/ItemTag.java)
Currently, we have integrated JWPlayer for play the video.
I hope this will help to DSpace users.
Thanks & Regards,