Uploaded image for project: 'DSpace'
  1. DSpace
  2. DS-3605

solr error when triyng to run : dspace index-discovery -f

    XMLWordPrintable

    Details

    • Type: Bug
    • Status: Closed (View Workflow)
    • Priority: Critical
    • Resolution: Answered
    • Affects Version/s: 5.6
    • Fix Version/s: None
    • Component/s: Discovery, Solr
    • Labels:
      None
    • Environment:
      Ubuntu server 14.04 , maven 3.0.5 , java 7 , tomcat7 , postgresql 9.3.14
    • Attachments:
      2
    • Comments:
      1
    • Documentation Status:
      Not Required

      Description

      When I tried to build mirage2 theme the mvn build was successful and without warnings, but when triyng to access the repository, no item was found , I tried to re-index running the command : dspace index-repository -f -s and I got the error :

      dspace@archive:~/bin$ dspace index-discovery -f
      Exception: Illegal character in path at index 1: ${solr.server}/search/update?wt=javabin&version=2
      org.dspace.discovery.SearchServiceException: Illegal character in path at index 1: ${solr.server}/search/update?wt=javabin&version=2
      at org.dspace.discovery.SolrServiceImpl.cleanIndex(SolrServiceImpl.java:507)
      at org.dspace.discovery.IndexClient.main(IndexClient.java:126)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
      at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:57)
      at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
      at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:606)
      at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.runOneCommand(ScriptLauncher.java:226)
      at org.dspace.app.launcher.ScriptLauncher.main(ScriptLauncher.java:78)
      Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Illegal character in path at index 1: ${solr.server}/search/update?wt=javabin&version=2
      at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:852)
      at org.apache.http.client.methods.HttpPost.<init>(HttpPost.java:76)
      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.createMethod(HttpSolrServer.java:380)
      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:210)
      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.impl.HttpSolrServer.request(HttpSolrServer.java:206)
      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.request.AbstractUpdateRequest.process(AbstractUpdateRequest.java:124)
      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.deleteByQuery(SolrServer.java:285)
      at org.apache.solr.client.solrj.SolrServer.deleteByQuery(SolrServer.java:271)
      at org.dspace.discovery.SolrServiceImpl.cleanIndex(SolrServiceImpl.java:470)
      ... 7 more
      Caused by: java.net.URISyntaxException: Illegal character in path at index 1: ${solr.server}/search/update?wt=javabin&version=2
      at java.net.URI$Parser.fail(URI.java:2822)
      at java.net.URI$Parser.checkChars(URI.java:2995)
      at java.net.URI$Parser.parseHierarchical(URI.java:3079)
      at java.net.URI$Parser.parse(URI.java:3037)
      at java.net.URI.<init>(URI.java:588)
      at java.net.URI.create(URI.java:850)
      ... 15 more

      If anyone has an idea to solve this issue, I'll be grateful.

        Attachments

          Activity

            People

            Assignee:
            Unassigned
            Reporter:
            azdking boulesbaa azzedine
            Votes:
            0 Vote for this issue
            Watchers:
            2 Start watching this issue

              Dates

              Created:
              Updated:
              Resolved: