During ingest or review it can happen, that the form loses all already entered values. This happens when browsing to the next input page and does not lead to an error page but to an empty form (see below). If afterwards browsing to other pages of this input form, all values are lost. The publication itself stays editable and available in the workspace, but is completely empty.
Until now we have not been able to find a pattern when the error occurs and when every thing works fine. We have not seen this behavior prior to the upgrade to 6.0. It does not occur on every submission/review process, but we can trigger it every between 10 and 20 test ingests/reviews.
We have no local customization (code related) at the input related DSpace parts. But we changed input forms via configuration and enabled the submission lookup step (arXiv, PubMed and CrossRef).
What we tested/debugged so far:
- Log files (dspace, solr, httpd) does not show any warning/error.
- It happens with different browsers (IE, FF).
- The user session stays stable during the faulty ingest/review process.
- It happens with different users and different permissions.
Any suggestion, advice and comment are highly welcome. Thank you!