I used author lookup to search for an author with given name "Thomas", in the log file I saw an NullPointException in class org.dspace.authority.orcid.Orcidv2AuthorityValue#setValues(Person). And I got nothing in the lookup list.
While searching at orcid.org with the same key "Thomas" I got a list of authors, some have no family name. The NullPointException looks like that caused by calling name.getFamilyName().getValue() in the setValues(Person) method.
I don't know why orcid.org allows "bad" data, but I think that althrough we can throw the "bad" record directly.
I added a try/catch in this method and let it return null by exception (see below). It works well. The author list is not empty any more.