(This ticket is to summarize a functional overview of a user experience. Therefore, it may require Angular UI and/or REST API subtickets for specific tasks listed here.)
DS-4491, the DSpace 7 Angular UI / REST API must support the ability to begin a new submission by uploading a bibliographic file (e.g. BibTeX, Endnote, CSV) from the existing MyDSpace page.
This feature must include the following:
- (UI) Use the existing upload box from the MyDSpace page.
- (Backend) Extract metadata from bibliographic file using Live Import, creating a single new submission. The uploaded file will be attached to the new submission as a bitstream. This feature will require updating Live Import to fully support metadata extraction from a file. Only one bibliographic file format should be selected for the initial implementation. (Additional formats can be supported in follow-up PRs)
- (UI) Initially, since only a single submission will be created, the user can be moved directly into that new submission form with the metadata pre-filled out.
This feature may or may not include the following (requires additional estimation/approval):
- (Lower priority) Bulk creation of new submissions (if bibliographic file includes multiple bibliographic references).
- If bulk creation occurs, the user experience should remain similar (and simple). However, in this scenario, all new submissions should immediately appear on the top of the user's MyDSpace page (and a summary notification sent to user saying "10 publications were created" or similar). User can then decide which one to proceed with first by clicking edit on that submission in the MyDSpace page.
- This bulk create feature should be considered an enhancement and may therefore be rescheduled to a later beta or 7.x release as needed.