If a Solr field is multivalued and all values are empty, the "Omit Empty Values" setting is not omitting the field.
Steps to Reproduce
- Using a basic image object, replace the DC datastream with the attached DC XML.
- Enable Solr metadata
- Enable "Omit Empty Values" (admin/islandora/search/islandora_solr/metadata)
- Create a Solr metadata profile
- Add basic image content model to profile
- Add dc.relation to profile (assuming you're using https://github.com/discoverygarden/basic-solr-config)
- View the object you replaced the DC datastream on and you will see "dc.relation:" displayed as a label with no value
- Follow steps to reproduce
- With the attached pull request implemented on your server, you should not see "dc.relation:" displayed in the metadata of the object you replaced the DC datastream on because it is empty.
discoverygarden inc. | Managing Digital Content